Monday 12 October 2009

Benefit Make-up

Researching a bit of 'competition' for my Cosmetic brief, the obvious contender is definitely Benefit Cosmetics, super kitsch, super stylish and super recognizable. The thing that's so definitive about Benefits packaging and design is the keepsake aspect, not just because the products are really expensive (£25 for a powder foundation, seriously?!) but the packaging isn't throw away at all, of all the products I've bought I've kept every empty package/box/container etc, I really think this is something to bare in mind when designing my own brand and packaging, I mean if the consumers going to be spending that much on make-up, a well designed piece of packaging makes it just that bit more worth it! 









These images really don't do the design justice, so I'm going to dig out one of their catalogues and scan the pages in so you can a feel of the style of their approach to packaging and promoting their cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment